This website has posted prolifically on how science has been hijacked by the highest bidder. This is imperative to know as public health makes decisions based upon politics, not science. Science can no longer be trusted at face value and the public needs to dig into topics to understand the money/conflict trail. In the case of masks, it’s perfectly clear: public health needed people to have unprecedented fear so they would isolate, deny natural immunity, and agree to get an experimental, fast-tracked, gene-therapy injection that public health agencies own patents on and have and will continue to use to control society at virtually every level. It’s shockingly unbelievable, but true. Public health no longer cares about public health and will defy all common sense and logic to further its own twisted agenda. Many Lyme/MSIDS patients understand and believe this regarding Lymeland, but refuse for some reason to see it for other issues that are just as corrupted and convoluted. The entire paradigm is flawed and needs an overhaul, but not in the way CDC Director Rochelle Walensky wants. Giving the CDC and corrupt government agencies more money is the height of insanity and will only yield what it has always yielded: nothing but pain for patients and money for the government.
Bad Op-Ed Criticizes Cochrane Mask Review
A New Low for Evidence Based Medicine
Vinay Prasad, MD MPH; Physician & Professor Hematologist/ Oncologist Professor of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Medicine Author of 450+ Peer Reviewed papers, 2 Books, 2 Podcasts, 100+ op-eds.
Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola
- A 2023 study published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews found wearing masks “makes little or no difference” in COVID-19 transmission
- The New York Times got involved and columnist Zeynep Tufekci published an opinion piece titled, “Here’s Why the Science Is Clear That Masks Work,” in rebuttal — and reached out to Cochrane
- Cochrane’s editor in chief released a statement about the study, stating the implication “masks don’t work” is an “inaccurate and misleading interpretation,” and they were calling on the authors to change the study’s summary and abstract
- The study’s authors were blindsided by the statement, and the lead author reiterated, “There is just no evidence that they [masks] make any difference. Full stop”
- In 2006, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation gave a $1.15-million grant to Cochrane, which subsequently published controversial and heavily criticized research in favor of HPV vaccines, which Gates has widely supported
(See Source link for article)
Demasi spoke with lead author Jefferson about the unexpected statement. “It was upsetting,” Jefferson said. “Cochrane has thrown its own researchers under the bus again. The apology issued by Cochrane is from Soares-Weiser, not from the authors of the review.
Noting that there wasn’t much change in the findings from the 2020 review to 2023, Jefferson said the study was ready to be released in early 2020, as the pandemic was starting, “but Cochrane held it up for seven months before it was finally published in November 2020. Those seven months were crucial. During that time, it was when policy about masks was being formed. Our review was important, and it should have been out there.”
He believes that Cochrane intentionally delayed publication of the mask study until it could massage the results to fit with the narrative that masks work: “For some unknown reason, Cochrane decided it needed an ‘extra’ peer-review. And then they forced us to insert unnecessary text phrases in the review like ‘this review doesn’t contain any covid-19 trials,’ when it was obvious to anyone reading the study that the cut-off date was January 2020. … During those 7 months, other researchers at Cochrane produced some unacceptable pieces of work, using unacceptable studies, that gave the ‘right answer.'”
This time around, Jefferson and colleagues don’t intend to let Cochrane bully them into changing their study results to appease the media.
Welcome to the new normal where researchers are “disappeared” for not following dogma.
This issue is imperative to understand because similar deceit has been happening in Lyme-land for over 40 years. COVID has given the world a front-row seat to the shenanigans that Lyme/MSIDS patients continue to have to deal with.
- https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2020/11/20/danish-mask-study-finally-published-masks-dont-work/ I was kicked off Linkedin simply for posting this study. Censorship at its best.