COVID Vaccines Don’t Prevent Transmission, Severe Illness or Deaths, Data Show
All we have to do is look at high-quality epidemiological data to get to the truth — COVID-19 vaccines aren’t preventing COVID or its transmission, and they aren’t preventing severe illness or death.
“Our vaccines are working exceptionally well,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. “They continue to work well for Delta, with regard to severe illness and death — they prevent it. But what they can’t do anymore is prevent transmission.”
Thus spoke Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Walensky, in an Aug. 5, 2021 interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.
Walensky may have believed the vaccines prevented severe illness and death then — but she cannot possibly believe that now.
That was eight months ago. The vaccines had barely been rolled out eight months earlier.
Now we have nearly 16 months of observation and what have we found? What has Walensky’s CDC revealed that contradicts her glib patter?
While there are thousands of articles discussing COVID-19 vaccines, I have come to agree with professor Tom Jefferson that in order to arrive at the truth, all we need to look at are epidemiological data of very high quality.
In other words:
- We want raw, official data, before it has been subjected to adjustments or algorithms that “smooth” the data.
- We want large populations.
- We want the most solid endpoints, such as hospitalizations or deaths.
Over the past few days I have identified and analyzed such studies on my blog (here and here) and on Substack. The data are from official sources, published by the U.S. CDC and the UK’s Office of National Statistics.
Information on 30 million adults in California and New York, three-fourths of whom were vaccinated, were used to compare COVID hospitalization and case rates in those who were vaccinated and had no prior COVID illness, with adults who were never vaccinated but had recovered from COVID, and presumably had natural immunity.
The data were collected from June to November 2021, before the Omicron wave appeared.
The Defender reported on this data two months ago:
- Vaccinated Californians and New Yorkers were three times more likely to develop COVID than those who had prior immunity and were unvaccinated.
- Vaccinated Californians had a higher rate of hospitalizations (severe illness) than those who were unvaccinated but had prior immunity. (New York did not provide hospitalization data.)
- The vaccine failures in this huge study cannot be blamed on Omicron, because the data were collected during Delta.
The UK data from its Office of National Statistics, published March 16, extend from Jan. 1, 2021, through Jan. 31, and include both the Delta and Omicron waves.
The data have been age-standardized. The database includes 86% of all deaths in England (which has a population of 56 million) during the 13 months described.
The graphs reveal that being doubly vaccinated protected the English against death for most of 2021.
However, over last December and January (corresponding to the Omicron wave), COVID death rates in the doubly vaccinated but unboosted were higher than in those who had never been vaccinated. This was true for the population as a whole.
If you break down the deaths by age group, the vast majority of COVID deaths occurred in the over-70 population.
While deaths from COVID in younger people were trending up as the time since vaccination increased, by Jan. 31, 2022, they had not exceeded COVID deaths in the unvaccinated.
Boosters did appear to “top up” COVID immunity for a time in all age groups, reducing death rates. But one wonders how long it will take before this effect wears off?
What is the bottom line?
High-quality, official data obtained on more than 30 million American adults and 48 million residents of England incontrovertibly reveal that:
- Natural immunity was three times better at preventing cases than vaccination alone, even before Omicron.
- Natural immunity was somewhat better at preventing serious illness, measured as hospitalizations, than vaccination alone, even before Omicron.
- Boosters (a third shot) reduced the death rate in England of those vaccinated against Omicron, but the benefit was starting to drop off by January 2022.
- Overall, England’s unvaccinated population had a lower COVID death rate during the Omicron wave than the COVID death rate in its doubly vaccinated population.
- Walensky and the other so-called experts are wrong. Natural immunity provided three times more protection against infection (and therefore against transmission) than did double vaccination, even before Omicron. After Omicron, vaccine efficacy was even worse.
- While vaccination provided some protection against severe illness (measured as hospitalizations) during the Delta wave, it provided less protection than natural immunity.
- The vast majority of COVID deaths occur in those over 70. In this age group, the doubly vaccinated died from COVID at higher rates during Omicron than the unvaccinated.
Originally posted on Meryl Nass Substack page.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of Children’s Health Defense.
© [4/4/22] Children’s Health Defense, Inc. This work is reproduced and distributed with the permission of Children’s Health Defense, Inc. Want to learn more from Children’s Health Defense? Sign up for free news and updates from Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and the Children’s Health Defense. Your donation will help to support us in our efforts.
Instead, what you can expect, is an ad hominem attack on Dr. Nass as her medical license was suspended for her giving COVID “misinformation,” forcing her to undergo a neuropsych exam for her claims about the COVID injection. Documents also allege Nass lied and said a patient had Lyme, when they didn’t, in order to get that patient lifesaving HCQ for COVID.
Dr. Nass has already been labeled a renegade for being the doctor that exposed the fraudulent HCQ study that used toxic doses to deter doctors from using it for COVID. A doctor’s group has sued the FDA for their interference regarding HCQ, and Fauci has been accused of a misinformation campaign against it. Other doctors have used it quite successfully, but truth and clinical experience doesn’t matter in the topsy-turvy world of COVID “misinformation” madness.
The heat will only increase as the ‘powers that be’ have put a deadline of May 2, 2022 for everyone to rat out their neighbor for COVID “misinformation,” a direct assault on free speech. Biden first revealed details of the plan during his State of the Union address:
“In addition to demanding misinformation data from the tech platforms, the surgeon general called on healthcare providers and the public to submit information about how COVID-19 misinformation has negatively influenced patients and communities.
“‘We’re asking anyone with relevant insights — from original research and data sets to personal stories that speak to the role of misinformation in public health — to share them with us,’” Murthy said.”
Well, it doesn’t take a rocket-scientist to see where this is going.
Revealed: 7 in 10 ‘Vaccinated’ CDC Employees Got COVID
April 5, 2022
Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) data reveal 70% of vaccinated U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention employees got breakthrough COVID infections in August 2021
- March 3, 2022, CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky gave a presentation at Washington University, during which she admitted that she had learned about the Pfizer shot’s 95% effectiveness from CNN, which was based on a press release from Pfizer
- Walensky claims she was unaware the shots might lose effectiveness over time. Yet scientists around the world have long known that coronaviruses are very prone to mutation, and mutations are known to affect a vaccine’s effectiveness
- Walensky has also accused the public of believing that “science is black and white” when, in fact, “science is gray.” Meanwhile, anyone who has held an opinion that differs from the mainstream narrative has been censored to stifle scientific debate, and Walensky has never spoken out against this effort to prevent a “black and white” presentation of science
- Walensky has also publicly discredited the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), which is coadministered by the FDA and the CDC. VAERS reveals the COVID jabs are the most dangerous vaccines ever created