TO THE EDITOR:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently reported cases of myocarditis and pericarditis in the United States after coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccination.1 In recently published reports, diagnosis of myocarditis was made with the use of noninvasive imaging and routine laboratory testing.2-5 Here, we report two cases of histologically confirmed myocarditis after Covid-19 mRNA vaccination.
Patient 1, a 45-year-old woman without a viral prodrome, presented with dyspnea and dizziness 10 days after BNT162b2 vaccination (first dose). A nasopharyngeal viral panel was negative for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), influenza A and B, enteroviruses, and adenovirus (Table S1 in the Supplementary Appendix, available with the full text of this letter at NEJM.org). A serum polymerase-chain-reaction (PCR) assay and serologic tests showed no evidence of active parvovirus, enterovirus, human immunodeficiency virus, or infection with SARS-CoV-2. At presentation, she had tachycardia; ST-segment depression detected on electrocardiography, which was most prominent in the lateral leads (Fig. S1); and a troponin I level of 6.14 ng per milliliter (reference range, 0 to 0.30). A transthoracic echocardiogram showed severe global left ventricular systolic dysfunction (ejection fraction, 15 to 20%) and normal left ventricular dimensions. Right heart catheterization revealed elevated right- and left-sided filling pressures and a cardiac index of 1.66 liters per minute per square meter of body-surface area as measured by the Fick method. Coronary angiography revealed no obstructive coronary artery disease. An endomyocardial biopsy specimen showed an inflammatory infiltrate predominantly composed of T-cells and macrophages, admixed with eosinophils, B cells, and plasma cells (Figure 1A and Figs. S2 through S4). She received inotropic support, intravenous diuretics, methylprednisolone (1 g daily for 3 days), and, eventually, guideline-directed medical therapy for heart failure (lisinopril, spironolactone, and metoprolol succinate). Seven days after presentation, her ejection fraction was 60%, and she was discharged home.
Patient 2, a 42-year-old man, presented with dyspnea and chest pain 2 weeks after mRNA-1273 vaccination (second dose). He did not report a viral prodrome, and a PCR test was negative for SARS-CoV-2 (Table S1). He had tachycardia and a fever, and his electrocardiogram showed diffuse ST-segment elevation (Fig. S1). A transthoracic echocardiogram showed global biventricular dysfunction (ejection fraction, 15%), normal ventricular dimensions, and left ventricular hypertrophy. Coronary angiography revealed no coronary artery disease. Cardiogenic shock developed in the patient, and he died 3 days after presentation. An autopsy revealed biventricular myocarditis (Figure 1B and Figs. S5 and S6). An inflammatory infiltrate admixed with macrophages, T-cells, eosinophils, and B cells was observed, a finding similar to that in Patient 1.
In these two adult cases of histologically confirmed, fulminant myocarditis that had developed within 2 weeks after Covid-19 vaccination, a direct causal relationship cannot be definitively established because we did not perform testing for viral genomes or autoantibodies in the tissue specimens. However, no other causes were identified by PCR assay or serologic examination.
Amanda K. Verma, M.D.
Kory J. Lavine, M.D., Ph.D.
Chieh-Yu Lin, M.D., Ph.D.
Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
https://www.brighteon.com/b3d87a5a-faea-4341-bab6-0406b9d356f5 4 Min. Video Here
‘MASK UP AND SHUT UP’
Entering the ridiculous, public health officials are now asking people not to talk to stop the Covid virus. Jefferey Jaxen dives into the science behind the latest Covid mitigation suggestion.
The video is revealing on many fronts:
- Propaganda is alive and well.
- The paper “Viral Load of SARS-CoV-2 in Respiratory Aerosols Emitted By COVID-19 Patients While Breathing, Talking, and Singing,” has numerous disclaimers in fine print, namely, that they couldn’t mechanically retrieve and isolate a viable virus from ambient air in the vicinity of patients. Well, that’s inconvenient.
- This study demonstrates perfectly the hypocrisy of our corrupt public health ‘authorities’ in that they demand perfectly done randomized, controlled trials on thousands of patients to approve COVID treatments, completely ignoring clinical results, but will accept and propagate poorly done science that pushes their continued fear narrative that lines their pockets. And even when there properly done RCTs they ignore them and then go on a smear campaign to malign them, and implement bandwagon to make the public believe their accepted narrative.
- This duplicity has been going on in Lyme-land for over 40 years and continues today. Hopefully people are waking up to it.
VAERS data released on 8/6/21 found 3,644 reported cases of Myocarditis or Pericarditis after COVID shots.
- https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2020/12/21/warning-3150-injuries-in-1st-week-of-covid-vaccines-among-american-healthcare-workers-pregnant-women-included/ Mounting list of adverse reactions and deaths after COVID shots.