Moving the Needle in Borreliosis
Dr. Alan B. MacDonald, MD
In this episode, you will learn about groundbreaking work being done to move the needle in understanding the impact of Borreliosis.
About My Guest:
My guest for this episode is Dr. Alan MacDonald. Alan B. MacDonald, MD is a hospital pathologist by trade, and his world is microscopic images. He diagnoses disease daily based on the images from surgically removed tissues, blood smears, and microbiology specimens. In his private research, which he does at night or on weekends, he interprets images from diseased tissues. In hospital pathology, there are many texts which illustrate the image profiles of tumors and other medical diseases. Some of the reference materials do not provide a “perfect” image match to an individual patient situation.
New lessons, which come from patients which do not “match” the published image archive, are the subject of “case reports” which enrich and expand the knowledge contained in medical textbooks. Many of the images of “spirochetes” in textbooks demonstrate only the “perfect corkscrew” profile which leads a reader to “doubt” the legitimacy of other Borrelial forms such as the cystic or granular forms. Dr. MacDonald’s website is an effort to educate about the “forgotten” spirochetal forms which are really Borrelia and which exist in diseased tissue.
- Is acceptance growing in understanding the impact of Borrelia in many conditions?
- Does autoimmunity exist in absence of infection?
- What are the different forms of Borrelia?
- Was Willy Burgdorfer part of the problem or part of the solution?
- Does Borrelia impact liver detoxification?
- How might Borrelia impact an unborn child?
- Can Borrelia be sexually transmitted?
- What are the challenges with testing for Borrelia?
- What role might parasites play in Lyme disease or in MS?
- What is the role of biofilms in chronic conditions?
- How do Tick-Borne Relapsing Fever (TBRF) Borrelias potentially lead to more severe illness?
- What role might Borrelia play in Alzheimer’s, Lewy Body Dementia, or cancer?
Connect With My Guest: http://AlzheimerBorreliosis.net
Related Resources: Support Dr. MacDonald’s Work – https://www.gofundme.com/f/borrelia-r…
Interview Date: November 30, 2022
Transcript: To review a transcript of this show, visit https://BetterHealthGuy.com/Episode176. Additional Information: To learn more, visit https://BetterHealthGuy.com. Disclaimer: The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today’s discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.