462319362-A-Doctor-a-Day-Letter-Signed See letter here
The letter in the link above has been signed by doctors back in May yet restrictions are only getting tighter.
The letter points out the triage algorithm and that millions are at level red – but not from COVID. These patients are people who aren’t getting regular screening and health care due to the exaggerated response to a virus that will run its course no matter what we do.
- 150,000 who normally would have a new cancer detected but won’t
- millions missing routine dental care
- suicide hotline calls increased 600%
- preventable cases of stroke, heart attack, and child abuse missed
- liquor sales increased 300-600%
- cigarette sales increased
- rent hasn’t been paid
- family relationships are frayed
- well-child checkups missed
- currently solvent but at risk should economic conditions worsen
Continued shut-down means hundreds of millions will downgrade a level. Downstream effects are being massively under-estimated and under-reported.
For more: https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2020/03/31/doctors-challenging-coronavirus-crisis/