The immune response to the virus is stronger than everyone thought
The original article was published in the Swiss magazine Weltwoche (World Week) on June 10th. The author, Beda M Stadler is the former director of the Institute for Immunology at the University of Bern, a biologist and professor emeritus. Stadler is an important medical professional in Switzerland, he also likes to use provoking language, which should not deter you from the extremely important points he makes.This article is about Switzerland and it does not suggest that the situation is exactly the same globally. I am advocating for local measures according to local situations. And I advocate for looking at real data rather than abstract models. I also suggest to read to the end, because Stadler makes crucial points about testing for Sars-CoV-2.
Why everyone was wrong
The coronavirus is slowly retreating. What actually happened in the past few weeks? The experts have missed basic connections. The immune response against the virus is much stronger than we thought.
This is not an accusation, but a ruthless taking stock [of the current situation]. I could slap myself, because I looked at Sars-CoV2- way too long with panic. I am also somewhat annoyed with many of my immunology colleagues who so far have left the discussion about Covid-19 to virologists and epidemiologists. I feel it is time to criticise some of the main and completely wrong public statements about this virus.
- Firstly, it was wrong to claim that this virus was novel.
- Secondly, It was even more wrong to claim that the population would not already have some immunity against this virus.
- Thirdly, it was the crowning of stupidity to claim that someone could have Covid-19 without any symptoms at all or even to pass the disease along without showing any symptoms whatsoever.
But let’s look at this one by one. (See link for article)
A very important article, please read the original in the link. Stadler talks about the immunology of common sense – which seems to have left the entire human race at present and we desperately need it back.
- It’s NOT entirely a new virus: The very name of it tips the hand – Sars-CoV-2 is related to the Sars Virus, as well as other coronaviri – of which makeup 10-15% of seasonal flu each year. The second tip of the hand came from vaccine development in that studies that show this “so-called” novel virus is very strongly related to Sars-1 as well as other beta-coronaviri. Sars-Cov-2 isn’t new but a seasonal cold virus that mutated and disappears in summer.
- Most people have immunity. This tipping of the hand came from testing. The 1st test was put together from an old antibody test for Sars-1. COVID-19 was also less significant where Sars-1 previously existed – showing that our immune system considers both viruses partially identical. A paper showed that 34% of people in Berlin, never before in contact with Sars-CoV-2, showed T-cell immunity against it.
- Epidemiologists, because they still believe the myth that there is no immunity in the population, cling to the idea of a “second wave”. He states they are more interested in a death culture of how many die, not in the truth that numbers could be saved.
- Children are essentially immune. For every disease that doesn’t attack a certain group, the conclusion should be that that group is immune, but this common sense is lacking with COVID-19. He calls those without this common sense “immunity deniers.” These deniers “conjured out of a hat” the idea of “silent carriers,” a completely bogus term with no science behind it. Evidently you don’t need symptoms anymore to be sick! The next magic trick is that supposedly those who aren’t sick could still spread it to others. The WHO is about the only group that refrained from this nonsense. The author gives a great brief summary of what happens within the body once it’s attacked by pathogenic viri. PLEASE READ IT! We can’t afford for people to be this stupid again! The stupidity is killing people and our economy. He reminds the reader that even if infectious viri are long dead, a PCR test can still come back positive (just like Lyme). He also states it’s highly likely that a majority of positive cases are purely due to viral debris.
- The next tipping of the hand moment came when it was discovered this virus has an extremely long incubation time of 2-14 days and reports of 22-27 days with most patients no longer shedding the virus after 5 days. This demonstrates a base immunity. This virus has exposed medical/nutritional problems (bad diet, malnourishment, weakened immune systems, etc.) Because these compromised people have poor health, they don’t have enough antibodies and subsequently have an exaggerated immune response (just like with Lyme). When this happens rarely in children, (called Kawasaki Syndrome) they used it to stoke yet more panic. BTW this is easily cured by getting antibodies from healthy blood donors of people who went through coronavirus colds. So someone’s immunity is used as a treatment for a supposedly non-existent immunity in a population. Think on that for a moment! How would this treatment work if there wasn’t immunity involved? The virus is gone now but he states will probably come back in winter but it will NOT be a second wave – just a cold. He states the young walking around with face-masks on would be better off wearing a helmet because the risk of something falling on their head is greater than getting a serious case of COVID-19. According to John P A Ioannidis’s work, those below the age of 65 make up only .6 to 2.6% of all fatal COVID cases. The strategy should be and should always have been to protect those over age 65. A second lock-down is ludicrous. He states scaremongers should apologize – especially politicians who are stressing testing when they don’t even know what the test measures and the government for creating an app frightening everyone about positive cases even if they’re not infectious!
“The entire world simply claimed that there was no immunity…..that wasn’t science, but pure speculation based on a gut feeling that was then parroted by everyone.” Beda Stadler
Thank God for men like Stadler who are willing to tell the truth even when most are spouting an accepted narrative. I’m sure he will face back-lash from this, just as anyone else does who points out the ludicrousness of all of this. Our freedoms have been taken away and most are so scared from misinformation they don’t even care.
We are in a sad place indeed, and it has little to do with a virus – but an uninformed response to it.
Will the real doctors, health professionals, and researchers please stand up?! Rational society desperately needs you.