292 PANS PANDAS & Autoimmune Encephalitis – Rickert-Hong
Urgent Childhood and Adult Psychiatric Details So Often Overlooked
So many kids these days have rages, OCD, tics, aggressive behavior, prolonged tantrums and anxietyall living downstream from PANS, PANDAS and Autoimmune Encephalitis.
If these profound and puzzling symptoms prevail you must look into PANS (Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome), PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Strep) and Autoimmune Encephalitis – especially if your child exhibited sudden behavioral changes or a markedly unpredictable developmental regression.
Listen up; Maria spells out your options.
Autism, ADHD, Executive Function, and Sensory Processing Disorder
Even kids with autism, ADHD and Sensory Processing Disorder should be evaluated for this condition as some practitioners believe that nearly 2/3 of kids with neurodevelopmental disorders also suffer from PANS. As you listeners know, and those of you who have followed our updates over the years, immunity is a relentless and ubiquitous focus in my offices for treatment failure for many years.
The good news: if you identify it correctly and take the necessary steps treatment failure will often, quite surprisingly, turn around.
- PANS is an umbrella term that includes diagnoses such as Lyme disease, PANDAS, PITANDS (Pediatric Infection-Triggered Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders), and Autoimmune Encephalitis — all of which describe a condition marked by concerning psychiatric and physical symptoms that often, but now always, appear suddenly.
- Children in the U.S. now suffer from PANS at a very concerning rate – it’s far more prevalent than many assume.
In this CBJ/292 Episode, We Discuss
- What PANS, PANDAS and Autoimmune Encephalitis are and why so many children are being diagnosed with these conditions.
- What causes PANS.
- Why PANS is so commonly seen in children with autism.
- How PANS is treated.
- How to get to the root cause(s) of PANS.
- What parents of children with PANS have done to bring their children back to good health.
- What leading PANS experts have to say about the cause and treatment of PANS.
Maria co-wrote this book with remarkable colleagues at Epidemic Answers: Beth Lambert, Roseann Capanna-Hodge, Lauren Stone and Jennifer Giustra-Kozek. We’re excited to present this resource to you in your quest for improving your child’s health!
- Book: Brain Under Attack– Rickert-Hong et al., Oct. 2018 Global Amazon Link – Strongly recommended very well written.
- Website: https://www.mariarickerthong.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Maria.Rickert.Hong.Nutritional.Healing/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maria-rickert-hong-chhc-aadp-8919916/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mariarickert
- Other: https://epidemicanswers.org/
CBJ Experts On Similar Insights
- What Your Child Wishes You Knew [Autism, ADHD, Parenting – http://corebrainjournal.com/261
- Autism Experts Weight In – http://corebrainjournal.com/153
- Child, Teen, and Family Experts – http://corebrainjournal.com/family
- Biomedical Testing Experts – http://corebrainjournal.com/tests
- Tests I recommend at CorePsych PDF Video Training Links – http://corepsych.com/tests