My testimony before a Wisconsin legislative hearing seeking to bar mandated COVID vaccines
‘Besides mandatory vaccination being severely damaging, and stupid … (it) would also happen to be a grave abuse against the rights of persons, and thus a serious violation of the moral law as well.’
LifeSiteNews has produced an extensive COVID-19 vaccines resources page. View it here.
MADISON, Wisconsin, March 5, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — On Wednesday, the Wisconsin State Assembly’s Committee on Constitution and Ethics hosted a hearing on bills aimed at countering the growing trend of de facto-mandated COVID-19 vaccinations (story here).
The 8 1/2-hour hearing hosted a steady overwhelming stream of representatives from organizations, and many citizens, who all expressed their support for bills that would affirm that neither local health officials nor employers can require these injections of residents or employees, respectively.
With the Wisconsin state Senate having already passed the bills, passage in the Assembly would send them to the desk of Democrat Gov. Tony Evers, whose position on the bills is not yet clear. Both legislative chambers have a Republican majority.
As a citizen of Wisconsin, I was privileged to present my thoughts as well. The testimony I provided is below.
Testimony in favor of Assembly Bills 23, 24, and 25
Thank you, Chairman Wichgers, and members of the committee.
I’m Patrick Delaney, a local resident from Madison. I grew up here and have worked as an activist, a teacher, an administrator, and now as a journalist for LifeSiteNews.
I’m speaking in favor of Assembly bills 23, 24, and 25, though I will limit my remarks to the vaccine mandate bills, AB 23 and 25.
I would also echo what other commenters have said in supporting amendments that would apply these bills generally to all vaccines and all epidemics, not just those associated with the 2019 novel coronavirus. (See link for article)
- AB23 prohibits state and local health officers from “requiring individuals to receive a vaccine against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, which causes COVID-19.”
- AB25 prohibits “an employer from requiring an individual to receive a vaccine against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus or show evidence of having received such a vaccine.”
I agree that this protection should also include ANY ‘vaccines’ in ANY ‘epidemic’ as this attempt to usurp your rights will not end with the COVID saga.
This issue is not hypothetical as Wisconsinites have already been fired for not getting the jab.
Almost half of all states are introducing legislation that protects the right to refuse and RightToRefuse.org will act as a central location to list any state group actively working at their state legislature that is putting forward bills to protect the fundamental right to make choices about health care without fear of coercion.
The website will provide:
- Clickable State Map – Find groups in your state working to pass Right to Refuse legislation
- State Page for Each State including: state Groups working to introduce and pass legislation, active Bills protecting the right to make one’s own medical decisions, state Action Alerts being initiated by state groups
- Resources, Tools, Education & Trainings – Training on how to lobby legislators, fact sheets, model legislation. No need to reinvent the wheel in every state.