He visited Hong Kong during SARS (which had no lockdowns, distancing, mask mandates, etc) and had the privilege of talking with Dr. Henderson, a leading researcher involved with smallpox eradication efforts and with the Dept. of Homeland Security. He states Henderson would be completely opposed to the current draconian policies in place for COVID.
He also says that the light went completely out on responsible journalism and that power has yet to be restored.
He particularly picks out a Yahoo article with the opening sentence that had the following glaringly inaccurate phrase in it:
vaccine to wipe out the deadly coronavirus….
He states this is irresponsible and misinformed journalism and goes on to state that first, the coronavirus is not very deadly at all based upon data, medical reports, and general knowledge. But, the media is all about only reporting the most serious symptoms and hype.
He points out the bad modeling that was pushed and followed by governments despite the fact that the mortality of Covid is consistent with influenza as proven by serology studies that define a baseline number of people who have experienced the virus and NOT on testing since far more people have had it than the numbers show, not to mention the fact COVID testing is abysmal and is wrong more than half the time.
He points out that CDC numbers are based upon calculations of expected mortality.
The current number of reported deaths related to Covid is about 180,000, although that number is maybe meaningless because there is no consistency in reporting and we do not know how deaths are being recorded. Just because a person dies and maybe they have the virus does NOT mean that the virus or even a complication was the cause of death.
He also points out that it’s important to carefully analyze facts, setting aside emotion and that by doing this, mistakes, such as was made with the elderly who needlessly died due to horrible policies, can be avoided.
Regarding the inaccurate phrase about ‘a vaccine wiping out the deadly coronavirus,’ he reminds the reader that vaccines are NOT cures or preventatives. He reminds us the influenza vaccine has not stopped the flu.
He states that a vaccine only acts as a primer to the immune system, allowing it to respond quicker and more efficiently to a disease it has been previously exposed to, hopefully giving the immune system an edge. He reminds that a vaccine does not block a virus from entering the body or wipe a virus out.
He also gives a table showing flu vaccine effectiveness which is below 50% most of the time.
He gives the following important take aways:
- SARS-COV-2 is not deadly. It only leads to death in a very well defined group.
- COVID mortality has little impact on expected mortality rate since the affected group has a very low life expectancy. Any increases in mortality are much more likely to be due to drug overdoses and suicides – both considered collateral damage of COVID policies
- Those who had COVID or are healthy do not need a vaccine. They also do not need to wear any face covering. This constitutes 99% of the population.
- Between 75-90% of the highest risk population survive
- It is important to keep a healthy immune system as viruses can mutate
- Vaccine decisions are personal. The government should not be making that decision for anyone.