Marty Ross MD on MTHFR & Lyme
In this video article, Marty Ross MD discusses MTHFR detoxification genetic defect in Lyme disease. Watch the video to learn:
- what the MTHFR genetic defect is,
- how MTHFR defect can interfere with detoxification,
- why it is not always necessary to correct for this defect,
- how the gut microbiome can fix this problem even if you have a genetic defect,
- when to take supplements to correct this problem.
https://suzycohen.com/articles/methylation-problems/ Pharmacist Suzy Cohen states 100’s of diseases are the result of methylation problems, including Lyme, chronic viral infections, schizophrenia, Dementia/Alzheimer’s, addictive behavior, insomnia, cancer, and more. (Wonderful 1 minute video explaining methylation in link)
While methylation problems do not directly cause Lyme (it is caused by a pleomorphic bacteria called borrelia) it causes severe symptoms due to the inability to clear infections & their by-products, as well as repairing the damage they cause.
If you are extremely sensitive to medicine you probably have a methylation problem.