Sound Choice Pharmaceutical Institute Spring 2020 Newsletter
COVD-19 Vaccine Safety Concerns
Like all of you, Sound Choice Pharmaceutical Institute has been very concerned about the impact of COVID-19 on individual health, education, the economy, and the lives of millions of citizens around the country. Our hearts and prayers go out to all who have been negatively impacted.
We have been watching closely as the government and those in public health have talked about how and when this shutdown will end. We have payed especially close attention to all mentions of COVID-19 vaccines which, unfortunately, are being touted as the only potential savior in this pandemic. As our followers and generous donors know, we are focused on alternatives to the use of vaccines and other products which utilize human aborted fetal DNA.
There are many vaccine candidates in the pipeline for COVID-19; at least five utilize aborted fetal DNA in their development and/or manufacturing process. Those are:
- Moderna’s mRNA-1273 (https://www.modernatx.com/modernas-work-potential-vaccine-against-covid-19) which is an mRNA vaccine using S protein to deliver the mRNA. That S protein is made using HEK293 cells. HEK stands for Human Embryonic Kidney and are cells originating from an abortion in the Netherlands in the 1970’s. The number 293 denotes that they came from the 293rd experiment. Although animal models indicated the trial vaccine can stimulate antibody production, Moderna bypassed animal safety testing and began human trials in March. It is important to note that there is concern in the medical and scientific community regarding skipping and rushing safety testing steps. Past attempts at vaccine development for this virus family led to “immune enhancement” or “pathogenic priming.” Vaccinated animals were made more susceptible to severe disease and adverse outcomes when exposed to the wild virus, or similar viruses. Moderna has received a US government agency BARDA grant of $483 million to accelerate production of this vaccine.(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4550498/)
- China’s CanSino Biologics Ad5-nCoV is an adenovirus-based viral vector vaccine that also uses the HEK293 cell line.
- The Johnson and Johnson unnamed candidate vaccine being developed by their subsidiary, Janssen Pharmaceutical, is also an adenovirus-based platform using the PERC6 cell line. PERC are human embryonic retinal cells taken from an abortion of a fetus at 18 weeks gestation. This is the first time a vaccine has been manufactured using the PERC6 cell line. The US Federal Government has awarded Johnson & Johnson over $400 million for the manufacturing of this vaccine.
- The University of Pittsburgh is developing a recombinant subunit vaccine, PittCoVacc, based on the HEK293 cell. It would be administered via a skin patch.
- It was announced last week that a UK collaboration between Merck, the University of Oxford, and the Jenner Institute, has resulted in a 5th COVID-19 vaccine cultured on aborted human DNA—specifically the HEK293 cell line. Human trials of this vaccine, named ChAdOx1 nCoV-19, began last week and they announced plans to have 1 million doses available by Fall.
Dr. Deisher has spoken often about the dangers of utilizing aborted fetal cells in vaccine manufacturing, which leaves the final product contaminated with fragments of human DNA.
Exposure to this primitive DNA can lead to insertional mutagenesis, where the contaminating DNA fragments randomly insert into the child’s own DNA, causing mutations which can lead to cancer and autoimmunity.
In addition to concerns with the potential for insertional mutagenesis and autoimmune disease as a result of residual DNA fragments in these newly developed COVID-19 vaccines, as noted earlier, there is also concern that all of the COVID-19 vaccines are being rushed to market, bypassing very important animal safety testing, not using inert placebos in control groups, and rushing human trials, potentially missing critical side effects and unintended outcomes. Since the federal government has already stated they will approve COVID-19 vaccines for use under Emergency Use Protocols in the fall if they meet the barest of testing measures, it is deeply concerning that many thousands, if not millions, of individuals could be exposed to a vaccine that carries undiscovered risks and unknown benefits.
How to Stay Healthy During this Time
Rather than rush to get untested vaccines with serious safety concerns, individuals can protect their health, increase resistance, and improve recovery from any illness by following good health practices. Besides hand-washing and social distancing at this time, there is much you can do.
We encourage you to explore the many resources being provided online by natural health and other medical practitioners who are providing expert guidance on diet, and healing protocols with Vitamins C, D, A and zinc, and more. Many practitioners including functional medicine providers are not only guiding their patients to stay healthy, they are successfully treating COVID-19 patients, keeping them out of the hospital, and helping them return to full health. If an individual does develop COVID-19, there are treatments and therapeutics available to ameliorate symptoms and prevent poor outcomes—potentially even AVM Biotechnology’s own AVM0703.