TickPestAlert Mar 8 2017 FINAL-1 Developed by the USDA with input from the Regional Integrated Pest Management Public Workgroup (IPM) as an educational tool. Please forward to doctors, patients, family & friends, legislators & constituents.
A few words:
*While the pamphlet above is informative & a great place to start, much is truly unknown about Tick Borne Illnesses (TBI’s), and much of TBI’s do not fit into a box, unless it’s Pandora’s.
- Transmission Times have never been determined on humans: https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2016/12/07/igenex-presentation/ As seen in this link, there has only been ONE study done on mice showing transmission to occur in under 16 hours and frequently in under 24. Other pathogens such as Powassan can be spread in under 15 minutes. Please watch the brief video by microbiologist Holly Ahern in link above. Also, Bob Giguere of IGeneX tells the story of a little girl who got a tick bite mid-morning and by 2 had facial palsy and by 4 p.m. couldn’t walk or talk.
- According to Master Herbalist Stephen Buhner in his book, Healing Lyme (2015) p. 120-121, there are always some borrelial organisms in the tick’s salivary glands and it’s common for ticks to unlatch before they feed to completion and that these half-filled ticks can transmit to their next host in as little as 10 minutes.
Buhner also states there is an increase in transovarial transmission among all types of Borrelia since 2005 with most ticks infected with multiple borrelial species with some larvae being infective as soon as they emerge from the egg (p. 119).
- Ticks are a year-long threat: https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2016/11/06/unlike-mosquitoes-ticks-year-long-threat/, https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2016/01/20/polar-vorticks/
- There are numerous other symptoms besides the 7 listed. Sometimes a person’s only symptom is psychiatric in nature: https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2015/10/18/psychiatric-lymemsids/ For a more complete list please look at these checklists developed by experienced Lyme literate doctors: SymptomList Created by Dr. Horowitz, https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2011/12/13/general-symptom-check-list-by-joseph-burrascano-md/ Created by Dr. Burrascano
- The maps shown should be used as general guides. Too many patients have been denied treatment due to doctors looking at maps and deciding a certain tick or a certain disease isn’t in their geographic location. Ticks are migrating everywhere and taking the pathogens inside them along for the ride. https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2016/09/24/arkansas-kids-denied-lyme-treatment/, https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2017/03/02/hold-the-press-arkansas-has-lyme/, https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2016/11/03/ld-not-in-australia-here-we-go-again/, https://madisonarealymesupportgroup.com/2016/10/25/hope-for-southerners/