Episode #165: Bartonella with Dr. Brian Plante, ND
- Last Updated: May 11 2022
Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about the vector-borne infection Bartonella.
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Dr. Brian Plante. Brian Plante, ND is a licensed naturopathic doctor with extensive training in integrative healthcare approaches. He specializes in working with patients suffering from complex immune dysfunction such as Lyme disease, chronic viral infections, environmental toxicity (such as from mold and heavy metals), autoimmune disease, Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. Additionally, Dr. Plante helps patients recover from functional gastrointestinal conditions, adrenal and thyroid disorders, and neuropsychiatric disorders. With each patient Dr. Plante meets, he conducts a comprehensive evaluation in order to get a complete picture and then creates individualized treatment plans to address that patient’s specific concerns. Dr. Plante is a graduate of the National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR, as well as a member of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS). He believes that one integral step in helping patients heal from complex chronic illness is by empowering them with knowledge and understanding. He facilitates this by patiently taking however much time is needed to investigate a patient’s symptoms and concerns thoroughly. Through compassionate listening, thoughtful instruction, and a steadfast commitment to helping patients experience lasting, positive change, Dr. Plante can combat the frustration patients often experience in their struggle to find answers. His goal with every patient with whom he interacts is to provide support and guidance in their journey toward achieving optimal health.
- What symptoms provide clues for the potential of Bartonella?
- Could Bartonella be an explanation for many neuropsychiatric conditions?
- Might Bartonella play a role in SIBO?
- What are the vectors through which Bartonella may be acquired?
- What labs are useful for exploring the potential presence of Bartonella?
- How often does mold exposure play a role in Bartonella patients?
- Can Bartonella be a trigger for MCAS?
- Can Bartonella be a driver of autoimmunity and immune dysregulation?
- Might Bartonella play a role in hypermobility syndromes and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome?
- What role does Bartonella play in Morgellons?
- What is the foundation for treating Bartonella?
- What modalities can be helpful for terrain optimization?
- What role do nutritional IVs play in Bartonella treatment?
- Are antibiotics necessary in treating Bartonella?
- What herbs may be helpful for addressing Bartonella?
- How might oxidative therapies such as ozone, EBOO, and ozone plasmapheresis be used?
- How often do biofilms need to be addressed?
- What antimicrobial and immune-modulating peptides have a role?
- Can Bartonella be fully eradicated?
- Once a patient has recovered, can treatment be stopped? Or is there a maintenance strategy for longer-term support?
Connect With My Guest
See top link for transcript.