Although a strong link between aluminum and Alzheimer’s is fairly well known, a recent study confirms it once again. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0946672X16303777 Chris Exley, a member of the research group, states that in his view;
“The findings are unequivocal in their confirmation of a role for aluminum in some if not all Alzheimer’s disease.”http://www.thevaccinereaction.org/2016/12/strong-evidence-linking-aluminum-and-alzheimers/
He also states that those with familial Alzheimer’s have some of the highest levels ever measured that are similar to fatal cases of aluminum-induced encephalopathy in patients also undergoing renal dialysis.
While this information is important for everyone to know, it is particularly import for Lyme/MSIDS (multi systemic infectious disease syndrome – or Lyme with friends) patients as there is a connection between Alzheimer’s and Lyme Disease as well as other infections.
Published on Jun 9, 2016
Dr. Marc Siegel explains on ‘Fox & Friends’ how Kris Kristofferson was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s but actually had Lyme Disease.
(Warning: the news reporter propagates a myth that “One antibiotic,” prophylactically will cure LD if used early.
The Take Home: One or two pills of doxycycline will not cure LD.
What is aluminum in and how can we avoid it?
Most Vaccines: (Hepatitis A, B, Hib, DTaP, pneumococcal, Gardasil, and others.) Aluminum is added as an adjuvant that when mixed with a viral or bacterial antigen creates a greater inflammatory immune response which theoretically elicits a higher response of protective antibodies. The problem with this, according to Dr. Mercola, is that vaccines containing inactivated microbes promote antibody-mediated (Th2) immunity which means your body is less prepared to fight infections and more apt to acquire allergies. http://www.thevaccinereaction.org/2016/06/how-aluminum-in-vaccines-affects-your-health/ (Read this well written article about how vaccines work)
According to Dr. Mercola, aluminum injected into a muscle is 100% absorbed by the body, whereas, when ingested it 2-1.5% is absorbed. Also, there seems to be no upper limit in the vaccine program, with the number of aluminum containing vaccines quadrupling over the past 30 years.
The truly frightening aspect of vaccines is that studies have shown that immediately after vaccine injection, macrophages race to eat up the aluminum and the antigen and have the ability to go right through the blood brain barrier into the brain like a Trojan horse – delivering aluminum directly to the brain. This, if you remember, is what Exley warns about – an accumulation of aluminum in the brain – which is a part of the perfect storm of Alzheimer’s. Adding to the perfect storm are infections such as tick borne infections, inflammation (which TBI’s also cause), mitochondrial problems (TBI’s can cause), dysbiosis (think “leaky gut” which TBI’s can cause as well as yeast/fungus due to antibiotic use), premature birth, irradiation, infant formulas, and methamphetamines.
Antiperspirants: Aluminum (chloride, chlorohydrate, zirconium) salts can make up 25% of some antiperspirants, and after a single application about .012% of aluminum may be absorbed. The tally over a life-time of use is huge. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/02/16/aluminum-lurks-in-crystal-deodorants.aspx Look in your health food store for alternatives or take a pinch of baking soda mixed into water and apply to underarms.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/03/22/aluminum-toxicity-alzheimers.aspx Aluminum compounds are often added into foodstuffs as well as by contamination with aluminum equipment. Baking powder, self rising flour, salt, baby formula, coffee creamers, baked goods and processed foods, coloring and caking agents often have aluminum. Read labels. Cooking in aluminum foil increases concentration. Avoid aluminum laminated pouch drinks.
Drugs: antacids, analgesics, anti-diarrheals and additives like magnesium stearate.
Toothpaste: read labels and avoid aluminum oxyhydroxide.
Aluminum Cookware and aluminum espresso makers
Chelating agents to detoxify Aluminum:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/03/22/aluminum-toxicity-alzheimers.aspx, by Dr. Mercola (March 22, 2014)
• Silica-rich water, such as Fiji water,17 which contains 83 Mg of silica per liter. Research published in 2013 showed that drinking up to one liter of a silicon-rich mineral water daily for 12 weeks effectively excreted aluminum via the urine, without detrimental effects on essential metals such as iron and copper. According to the authors: “We have provided preliminary evidence that over 12 weeks of silicon-rich mineral water therapy the body burden of aluminum fell in individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and, concomitantly, cognitive performance showed clinically relevant improvements in at least 3 out of 15 individuals.”
• Melatonin: Research shows that melatonin has a metal binding role and is a useful supplement in the treatment of neurological disorders in which oxidative stress is involved, which includes Alzheimer’s. Melatonin can travel freely across all cellular barriers, facilitating the removal of toxic metals such as aluminum. It also appears to suppress the oxidative activity of aluminum in your brain.
• Anything that raises your glutathione. Your body synthesizes glutathione from three amino acids: cysteine, glutamate, and glycine. Raw fruits and vegetables, particularly avocado, asparagus, grapefruit, strawberries, orange, tomato, cantaloupe, broccoli, okra, peach, zucchini, and spinach are rich in the precursors glutamate and glycine. Dietary sources of cysteine include eggs, meat, red peppers, garlic, onions, Brussels sprouts, whey protein, and wheat germ. Other helpful treatments for improved glutathione metabolism include:
◦ Exercise: Exercise affects your adenosine triphosphate (ATP) levels needed to help produce glutathione
◦ Optimizing your vitamin D levels through sun exposure: There’s some evidence vitamin D increases intracellular glutathione levels
◦ Epsom salt baths
◦ MSM supplementation
◦ The supplement N-acetyl L-cysteine (NAC) may also be useful. NAC is the rate-limiting nutrient for the formation of the intracellular antioxidant glutathione
• Curcumin: Research suggests that curcumin has a protective effect against aluminum-induced damage by modulating the extent of oxidative stress. It also decreases beta-amyloid plaques associated with Alzheimer’s, delays neuron degradation, chelates metals, decreases microglia formation, and has an overall anti-inflammatory, antioxidant effect. Studies have shown that curcumin can help improve memory in Alzheimer’s patients. There are some contraindications that curcumin is not recommended if you have biliary tract obstruction (as it stimulates bile secretion), gallstones, obstructive jaundice, or acute biliary colic.